6.10.2008
you should always listen to your gut instinct
Among going home to visit family and such this weekend, we also took in a couple of movies. First of which was "Kung Foo Panda." I'll be the first to admit, I am bias toward Pixar and will probably always think they are far superior to Dreamworks, so I wasn't expecting much from this movie. However, the Po the panda looked cute and the story looked interesting. Again, I think Dreamworks relied too heavily on the famous actors who lent their voices to the characters, and not enough on developing the story, but Jack Black did a good job, and the story wasn't nearly as bad as say Madagascar (which they had a preview for a sequel...groan) I'd even say it was almost on the playing field as their best effort, Shrek. The animation was well done, so all in all, I'd say it was a good movie. Then, husbands brother came to visit and since there is nothing to do in this town, we graced the movie theater again, this time to see "Don't mess with the Zohan." We really shouldn't have messed with the Zohan. You may be reading this thinking "well what did you expect, it looked ridiculous and it has Adam Sandler in it, for which you've already displayed your lack of affection." I know, I know, that's why I dubbed this post as I did. I'd say this was the worst movie I've ever seen, much less the worst Adam Sandler movie. The jokes were crass and went way overboard on sexuality. I saw a man leave the theater, and I almost followed. There were a few jokes about Israili/Palistinian hatred that deserved a mild chuckle, but for the most part, it was a gross out display of Sandler trying to grasp his last few years of "youth." The movie did it's best to tease everyone, but I just felt kind of offended. I've got a sense of humor, trust me, this movie just wasn't funny. On top of that, it was way to long. I'm not sure how long it is, but it far exceeded its jokes in about 10 minutes. If you have to see a movie, like, right now "Panda" is by far the way to go. If you've got patience, I'd wait until Wall-E comes out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I heard that about the Zohan. What a shame. Not a surprise, but a shame.
Post a Comment