Kids really do say the darndest things! I was at (eye roll and sigh) hobby lobby, since no one wants to shop lift them, to get the cake things I needed, well yesterday, but will need again tomorrow. As I was waiting in line to check out, a mother and her son (I'm guessing he was around 10) were in the process of checking out. The son looked to his mother and asked "Where was Jesus born? Bethlehem?" The mom was trying to check out and absentmindedly answered "yes." Then the little boy asked "Where is Bethlehem? Is that where Uncle Jimmy lives?" The mom stops and says "Um no, that's Birmingham." (Can't you just picture Jesus being born in Alabama?) Then the boy continued "oh...is Bethlehem anywhere near here, or is it in Spain?" (I don't know why he assumed Spain) The mom replied "Its in the middle east, I'll have your dad show you on the map when we get home." Then the little boy, very hooked on Spain, asked if it was in the middle east of Spain! Oh goodness, I had to contain myself from rolling on the floor laughing! He was a riot!
In other news, I have finally organized my blog posts into categories, so you can easily bypass and ignore stuff you don't want to read by selecting your favorite catagory! Woohoo! On top of that, I am beginning to defeat my fear of the grocery store. That's right folks, I have finally found a wonderfully clean and well organized store so I feel less anxious while I shop! Hooray baby steps and Publix!
2 comments:
I love publix.
My favorite thing about your story is that the mom actually answered the kid's questions instead of blowing them off or trying to get him to shut up. That's good parenting.
Post a Comment