5.25.2009

MSM again

Ok, I felt bad about another monotonous recipe for Make Something Monday. I mean no offense to recipes, they're wonderful, but I promise I am allowed out of the kitchen. So, we're getting more creative this week. Since it was rainy, I had to think of things indoors. I do actually have manila paper and playdoh, but I thought I'd paint. I had an extra canvas from my birch tree painting just lying around, so I thought I'd put it to good use and forever honor my obnoxious pooch Apollo in painting. So therefore, this week, I am sharing a simple graphic art piece that can be done many ways to honor your favorite pet, without it looking like you worship them. (we're not doing oil paintings here)

For my piece, I painted the images onto a 16x20 canvas using acrylic paints. Since it was just black and white, it only took a couple of hours. (yes Apollo has a stick in his mouth, its rare for him to be outside without a stick in his mouth)

If you're a photographer, use your gift to have a photo shoot with your pet. If you can't get a light source behind your pet, because you have something other than a turtle, you can just photoshop/elements/whatever to get the desired effect. Get crazy and do an Andy Warhol homage. or not...I forgot for a second we're not going crazy overboard for our pet art

If you're a scrapbooker, cut images of your pet out of paper. You can do the simple one tone effect, or use pet paper. It's up to you!

If you have no abilities whatsoever, hire someone to do it for you

If you don't have a pet...um why are you still reading this? weirdo, go get one! :)

This is just something fun to help decorate a blank wall or it could even make a great gift for someone who is obsessed with their pets. What's great about this project is that it is quick, cheap and easy, as well as easily personalizable. (I don't even know if that's a word. I'm making art and words this MSM!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you free-hand that? It's incredible! Great idea!

Amanda said...

thank you :)