8.15.2009
the Elms go to the movies
I finally got around to seeing The Julie/Julia Project! You're probably thinking "Uh finally? Goober, it's only been out for a little over a week!" A week in the theaters is generally like a year to Brandon, and he can hardly wait a day after movies come out. He's a bit obsessed. I love him though. Anyhow, I saw it. The reviews are correct, that there definitally could be more to the story, and you are left wanting more, however, I loved it! I saw a lot of myself in Julie. She's just trying to figure out something to fulfill her life beyond going to work everyday, and coming home to her loving husband and cat every night, and she does in cooking. She becomes obsessed with Julia Child (obviously) and you go along her life in trying to cook her way through the book. She has misshaps in the kitchen, and meltdowns when things don't work out as she thinks they should that cause reactions a lot like my own. Brandon and I laughed really hard when she starts crying in the kitchen...because I've done the same. (all during this time they flash back to Julia's life, which is nothing like mine, but is very good and interesting and Meryl Streep is a genious actress in this movie!) It's a great light hearted movie that'll make you laugh, not cry, and even think a little. I give it 4/5 spoons. And no, I will not be baking my way through the cake mix doctor and documenting it in a blog. Or will I? No...probably not. Hopefully soon though, I will be able to get back to Confections of a Bakeaholic after we move and I get my kitchen stuff back. I am now wanting to read the book that inspired the movie, maybe I'll get it to read on the road. Well, not on the road, since I'll be driving, but in the hotel. You know what I meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment