7.05.2010

Happy 4th of July!

So, apparently it is illegal in Florida to set off fireworks that go airborne.  However, Georgia doesn’t have such laws, so since we’re close to the boarder, I’m guessing some people crossed over to get some contraband firecrackers.  I’m glad they did.  I always am.  I understand places where it’s dry and thus setting off little sticks of fire could cause some slight problems.  In Florida, especially in the summer, it rains practically every day, no dryness here.  So, I’m not sure why they don’t want them, but whatever.  So, after taking the scenic route, the ending destination was for me to say that Brandon got legal (aka lame) fireworks and some of our neighbors apparently are quite wealthy and have connections in Georgia, because we got a heck of a show from our very own rented driveway!  Let’s compare shall we?

Theirs:

P1040083

Ours:

P1040053

Theirs:

P1040061

Ours:

P1040142

Theirs:

P1040121

Ours:

P1040128

Theirs:

P1040122

Ours:

P1040160

Theirs:

P1040123

Not that ours weren’t fun to shoot off, but we definitely contemplated driving around to find that party!  Apollo would have opted to stay home…party pooper. 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yours aren't bad! Of course I didn't see any this year, except the big Houston show on TV. We heard a bunch, but the in laws live near lots of tall trees, so we couldn't see anything =(

Amanda said...

no, for ground based fireworks, they weren't bad.