11.21.2010
Well, the bazaar came and went, and didn't go very well for me. I only sold one and it was the small ones. It didn't seem like many people were there to actually shop, they just ate dinner, talked, walked around and listened to the speaker. It seemed like if they bought anything, they bought stuff that you can buy anywhere, and passed up a lot of booths that had some interesting things that people worked really hard on. (I'm not the only person who thought this, my boss was there as well and people hardly glanced at a table filled with cookies...even if you don't like the prices, you can't not look at cookies) Although, there was a man next to me that was handicapped, and painted with the brush in his mouth because he couldn't utilize his hands very well. He made the whole night for me, because he was actually painting during the sale, so I got to watch his technique and it was awesome! He seemed to sell quite a bit, and rightfully so because his work was not only beautiful, but done in an inspiring way, so at least someone did well :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That stinks. I'm sorry. You could try selling them on etsy or somewhere where people are actually looking to buy stuff.
Bummer!!! I agree - I think you should put them on Etsy. But that was pretty cool about the painting guy next to you!
That is inspirational! Sorry it didn't go so well, but I agree, to etsy you should go!
Post a Comment