12.16.2010

the big news

Well folks, we've got our little sapling!  Brandon and I are expecting a little baby elms to be arriving July 2011.  It's funny because my friend at Banter of a Blond Republican Couple, MacKenzie, and I have a running joke that I always have big events a year after her.  She graduated a semester early in December 2006, I graduated a semester late in December 2007, She got married January 2007, I got married January 2008, She had a baby May of 2010, and now I'll have one a little later, but still in 2011.  So, I've gone back over the blogs she's written during her pregnancy, and one of her first ones mentions that she hasn't been online in a while, because she was feeling rotten all the time and didn't really want to blog about that, especially before the big announcement.  Same applies here.  I'm beginning to feel better (I hope) so hopefully this morning sickness will be subsiding to non-existent soon!  I'm 11 weeks along, and we had our first sonogram today, and got to see the baby move and see it's little tiny heart beat, so it even feels more real now :)  There is actually something in there! 

2 comments:

Sharon Posey said...

Hooray and congratulations!
What will be the theme of your nursery?
Have you thought of names?

Love and hugs!
Sharon

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! Congratulations!!