Evelyn is three months old today! Only two more until Daddy comes home! This past month, Evelyn has become more alert, she's holding her head up like a champ (although she still hates tummy time!) she's even started "talking." (and by talking I mean making sounds, she's found her voice, not that we're carrying on conversations over afternoon tea....she also doesn't drink tea) She's beginning to reach for things, though most of her play time is still failing her arms and legs, I can see the little wheels working in her head. Most excitingly, she has slept through the night 2 nights in a row!! I nurse her around 9:30ish and she doesn't wake up until 6! This makes for a happy mommy! Currently Evelyn is sleeping in a bassinet in my room, but I'm going to start moving her into her crib at night time next week. She sleeps in her crib during day naps, so I'm hoping she'll be fine.
She's so sweet and smiley, so good natured. Even Apollo is starting to love her! I came home from the grocery store this week, and left Evie in the car while I opened the front door and was going to let Po out in the backyard. However, he wouldn't go! Usually he'll begrudgingly go, but he just wouldn't go. I didn't want to leave Evie in the car long, so I just gave up and went to get her. Once I brought her in, Apollo gave her his usual sniff over, and then he was happy to go outside. It was almost as if he wouldn't go at first because he noticed the 'human puppy' wasn't there, and that wasn't right! I usually have 'tummy time' in the nursery so I can have her on the floor without the dog intruding. Now, he'll sit outside the baby gate that is in the doorway of her room and watch us. I think she's beginning to notice him too, and she thinks he's funny. I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship :)

1 comment:
Ah, cute. I worried about Lucy and Zeeba but in the end, I love seeing there relationship develop. If I leave Lucy sleeping in bed, Zeeba will go in and curl up nearby, I guess she thinks I'm being lax in leaving her alone.
Post a Comment