4.16.2008

the long and short of it

So, I don't want to complain or anything. God designs things in his sight, so that everything and everyone is beautiful in His eyes. While it does have its advantages, like reaching things on the top shelves for little old ladies, being tall is not all its cracked up to be. I generally start feeling this way when I'm shopping for pants, mostly because when affordable pants that fit are no where to be seen, the problem...challenge...dillema, what-have-you, becomes a reality. Usually, I don't notice my height. I'm not even that tall really, just above average I'd say. Those poor girls that are over 6' tall, I can't image what they have to go through! Part of me thinks, oh just try on the expensive pants, and if they fit, buy a pair, because you'll use them a lot. Like they say on What Not to Wear, don't buy a bunch of crap, buy one or two really nice things. That philosophy makes sence, but when you see a $150 price tag, it just seems wasteful. So then I get scared, don't try them on and search for cheaper pants that may remotely fit. If they're long enough, its usually because the rise is too long, so it sags in the crotch, giving the illusion of...well, junk in the trunk (and not in the rapper way) or like there is a diaper being worn underneath. If they're long enough in the leg then they gape in the back, so on and so forth. Perhaps I should just find a tailor. What irks me the most about pant shopping, is that regular (which is understandable) and petite sizes are everywhere! Im sure being short has its issues, just like being tall. However, you can much more easily cut fabric off of the hem, than add on to it. Sorry petites, but its true. Quit your griping, you have tall people to reach stuff for you and pants out the wazoo, and you can wear cute heels without looking like an amazon.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

zafu.com not only has a jean section, but a pants (and a bra) sections as well. The pants they suggested fit me well plus you can sort by price! And I hear you, I thought for a millasecond about just getting those lucky jeans at the store they saw the price and changed my mind.