Yay! The cake classes have started up again, and we're making royal icing flowers! The royal icing is basically sugar that will harden into nice little decorations you can save for years and years! Kind of like Twinkies...Anyhow, the next couple of classes will be geared towards creating different flora and fauna to embellish a cake for the grand finale. This week, we learned chrysanthemums as shown below. As the weeks progress we'll learn pansies, daffodils, daises, violets, rose buds, leaves, and a basket weave technique to make a basket cake (eerily similar sounding to basket case...perhaps that will be a title down the road) to contain the foliage. As you can see though, I got a little carried away in class, and made a nice little garden.
4 comments:
ooooo! Fancy!!! I like them!!!
Oh Wow! Those are sweet! Literally and Figuratively! Very pretty, I'd love to take one of the wilton classes one day!
Those are pretty! Nice job =)
The wilton classes are offered at michaels, hobby lobby and joann fabrics. Michaels almost always has 40-50% off the months class. I think class one cost $7 plus cost of materials. It's definitally worth it, if you think you'd enjoy it!
Post a Comment