I have just a couple things to say about the election. (ok, well many, but I'll just post two) For all the obamites griping about the republicans vocally displaying their disappointment in the election results by using the argument "we put up with Bush for 8 years" b.s., remember, the republicans put up with your griping for the exact same 8 years, and have as much right to express freedom of speech as anyone else. Secondly, no I don't agree with obama's beliefs, but I doubt he can bring down an entire country in just four years (just like Bush hasn't brought the end of the world, obamites) if he does, Mexico and Canada are not too far away. Just kidding. Sort of. God is bigger, his plans are better, lets move on with our lives. Thanks and gig 'em.
On a happier and more important note, my parents are coming to visit for the weekend! Yay! My mom grew up here, and I'm not sure when the last time was that she came to town, so she'll get a chance to check out the place and all the changes. I don't remember much from our visits, mostly because I didn't drive around, and when you don't drive, you don't pay attention. I do know that after hurricane Ivan, quite a bit of the area was distroyed and rebuilt. So, it'll be interesting to see what actually has changed. The Disney store in the mall is gone...and now the puppy store is too, but that's all I've really noticed. Apollo will get to meet his 'grandparents' and apparently 'grandma' has a toy for him. If she's not careful, he'll sneak in her suitcase and follow them home, he's not too loyal if there are bribes involved. Speaking of the little guy, he graduates from puppy school next wednesday! We're so proud of our little boy :) He still doesn't walk very nice on the leash outside of class, but he's getting really good at 'sit' and 'down.' He also knows 'shake' pretty well, which is really cute!
2 comments:
This is going to be a long comment. Trey and I had a hard day trying to stomach Obama being the President-elect. What made me finally feel better about the whole thing was a passage Trey's friend had written on Facebook. I had never looked at it this way, so I thought I'd post it:
It’s over. Finally. The side I had hoped for didn’t win, but there’s not time to dwell on that fact. Either way one side had to lose. I know many people I know will hate on our president elect and even I’ve made the joke that I was considering a move to Canada, but honestly there’s not time for that either, nor is there time to waste thinking of what could have been.
Through the last few days I feel like I’ve learned a lot in my spiritual walk and seen places where I myself am weak. I realized that instead of placing my faith in a single man, I must put my faith in the singular God to carry myself and my family through these hard times. I will not let the outcome of an election cause my faith to waiver as Presidents have come and gone, but thankfully God has always been there and will remain to be there for myself and for us as a nation.
While I personally question many things about Obama and disagree with many of the things he says, I sincerely hope that he proves all of our worst fears about him were without merit. The moment I saw that he was to be the next president I said a silent prayer to myself for him and I hope that others did the same.
I end with my favorite verse from the bible, Philippians 4:6, “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all that he has done.”
:) Thanks for sharing that! I feel the same way, and I'm sad that people are so consumed with their party affiliation, they forget about the important things!
Post a Comment