1.22.2009
men!
Whenever Brandon and I watch something on tv or see something stupid that men do, I always shake my head and jokingly exclaim "men!" He laughs and attempts to defend his sex, but I know better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an uber feminist nor do I think that women are better or smarter than men, but I do like to comment on the silly things men do. Such as today, I woke up and headed out to the kitchen for breakfast, where I see Brandon preparing his morning meal and pouring milk into his cereal. I happened to know that there wasn't much milk left, but there was enough for both of us to BOTH have cereal for breakfast. I knew this because I made waffles especially for him for dinner last night, which calls for milk. Anyhow, as he's pouring I notice he doesn't seem to notice that he's nearing the end of the carton. So I gently ask him to please not use all of it, only to watch him ignore my plea and drain the entire container into his bowl. All I could do was just gasp and watch his ceral drown in precious milk while he looks up at me, shakes the empty milk carton and says "we're going to need more milk." Not, "oh I'm sorry honey, I ignored you like a jerk face and needlessly used up all of the milk in front of you, leaving you to either eat dry cereal or chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, let me buy you flowers and platinum jewlery to make up for it." (Hey, I can dream can't I? Just kidding...I know I can't) I just walked out of the kitchen and sat in the living room (ok, I pouted a little...again, I never said I thought women were better) and toodled around on my computer. It wasn't until after he loudly slurrped his last spoonfull of cereal that he finally realized what he did and apologized. Men!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was just thinking about those sorts of things. Yesterday as we were leaving for work, Craig goes to take the trash with him and it rips open . Unluckily, we had just changed the cat box so out pour cat litter/poop. Of course he steps into it. And then after I yell at him he stops walking around looking for the broom (and spreading poop). I then send him "outside" with the instructions "clean off your shoes" while I start cleaning up the mess. 15 seconds later I look up and see him standing right outside the door wiping his shoes... on our welcome mat. Once I yelled "I meant on the grass" he realized what he was doing and a sheepish grin spread across his face. Ahh! I was mad that he didn't listen, but at the same time I knew he was just thinking like a man. I like to think of events like that as opportunities to build up mom patience.
Both yours and MacKenzie's stories made me laugh out loud. I SO can relate.
yeah between pets, children and men, I think its a wonder men die first.
Lol! Men...
Post a Comment