4.22.2009
Muster Sound off
The tradition of Muster is bar none my favorite tradition of Texas A&M. For those of you who may not be familiar with it, every April 21st Aggies around the world draw together to remember and honor fallen Aggies, and just spend time talking about their favorite memories at the greatest school ever. Each year, in the evening, a roll call for the fallen is held, in which someone represents (usually family or friends of the deceased) their loved one who passed and answers "here" when their name is called. This represents that that persons spirit is still remembered and cherished as part of the Aggie family. It's just incredible and humbling to know that when I pass, I will be remembered! In the past, I've been in College Station, so going to Muster wasn't an issue, because the main one was going on right there. Now, however, I graduated and moved away. The Gulf coast chapter had a Muster, don't get me wrong, however they held it at a yacht club and charged $30 a person. Um....how about we make this accessible to all Aggies and not those who are members of this yacht club guys. I'm sorry, but I am not willing to shuck out 60 bucks to go to the local Muster, when it would probably be cheaper to drive all the way to College Station and go to the real one! (that is if we could crash at the Limesands ;)) While, yes it would have been neat to meet other Aggies at a probably very nice yacht club, that's not what Muster is about. It's not a high school reunion to show off your money, boats and fake tan. It's about remembering our Aggie family. Thanks and gig 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I completely agree!
We looked into going to a Muster in Utah. It was also very expensive. I don't mind the A&M club charging a little, I realize it cost money to put on events. But if I remember right, it was going to cost us over $75. Ridiculous.
Yeah, it'd be one thing if it was like a bbq and they charge 10 dollars a plate to cover cost and then donate the proceeds to a local charity, but no.
Post a Comment