Well folks, we are less than one week away from knowing which plane Brandon will be training for. Next Thursday we'll know! Yep, he was pushed through 15 flights in a little over a week. He's recovering from working so much lately, but he's so excited to be done with primary! I am too, no more waking up at 4 in the morning for his 5:13 am briefs.
As for me, my birthday was yesterday. I realize that as an adult you have to work on your birthday, but it's kind of frustrating when you're being yelled at to do 2093402937 things at one time and then hear "oh and by the way, happy birthday!" Yeah...happy birthday to me, I'm going to be at work for 10 hours because you have to have everything done right this very second. Wee. I am being overly dramatic though, it was a pretty good day. Hectic, but good. Upon hearing it was my birthday I got the following. So what you're 21? Oh are you turning 18? You're so young! Oh you're still a baby. Um..yeah I know I'm young, and just when are you not a baby anymore? When you're in your 50s talking to a girl in her twenties? I am almost halfway eligible for AARP thank you very much! I'm just kidding. I'm not offended. I had a pretty good day actually, once I got off of work. We went out for dinner (by we I mean my husband and brother in law and I) and I got some pretty nice things. Brandon got me a light weight scarf because Stacy and Clinton say to accessorize with colored things like scarfs. (yes that was his reasoning :)) He also got me the super awesome towel/oven mitts that Rachael Ray uses and sells. I've been jonesing for one of those for a long time! The boy does listen to me :) A friend of mine sent these silicone individual cupcake cups that you just place on a cookie sheet and bake your desired muffin/cupcake in. No spray, muffin tin, nothing. They're dishwasher safe too :D She also sent a book on cupcakes, which is pretty much thrilling for me! I've become such a baking nerd...I can't wait for The Julie/Julia Project to come out next week!
1 comment:
Ha, ha - my coworker turned 24 earlier in July, and I told him that he was a baby =)
I think that you're going to be a baby as long as there's someone around who has more life experience than you. So, I think you have to break the guinness record for old age in order to not be a baby anymore =D
Post a Comment