I don't really know why these are called egg rolls...other than you can brush egg onto the crust. However, I made them this week and they were delicious! They use pepperage farms puff pastry sheets that are so lovely and flakey, I can't wait to use them for other recipes! You can find more ideas at www.puffpastry.com
Baked Chinese Egg Rolls
2 Cups thawed stir fry veggies (I just used a mix that had snap peas, soy beans, red peppers, and water cresents)
1 Cup cooked diced chicken
2 Tbs hoisen sauce
1 egg beaten
1 pkg puff pastry sheet thawed (this takes 40 min, so feel free to do that ahead of time)
sesame seeds
heat oven to 400 degrees
unfold pastery sheets on lighly floured surface and cut each sheet into 4 squares
stir veggies chicken and sauce in a medium bowl
spoon mixture onto pastry squares, roll and pinch the sides to keep them closed
place rolls on ungresed cookie sheet and brush with egg then sprinkle sesame seeds over the top
bake 20 minutes and enjoy!
I'm considering trying to add rice into the mixture next time. As far as re-heating, they do ok in the microwave
No comments:
Post a Comment