1.12.2010

sneak peek

You knew you woke up for a reason today! (Other than your family, work, and other more important things.) You my friend are getting a sneak peek a the baby shower cake! The picture below, is my cupcake tier. I placed a cake pan and cupcake wrappers on it, to give you an idea of scale. As you can see, the support that hold up the top tier is not yet wrapped, but you get the idea.

These are little airplanes for the cupcakes. I had seen little airplane molds online made by wilton, and they said that you could find them at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, but apparently not here, so I piped those by hand with melted chocolate and vanilla wafers.
This is the beginnings of the cake topper. It's also a little plane and the thing behind it that is resting on rolled up paper will be the sign the plane is pulling that will say "It's a Boy!" but I need it to dry first. I also need to "glue" on the propeller, the windshield, wings and the tail, but hopefully you get the idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Now that was worth getting out of bed for =P

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

That's AWESOME!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!