3.30.2010

Happy Easter!

As promised, I am going to show you how to make some fun and yummy cupcakes for Easter!  Now that you've got some toasted coconut and hopefully you have some cupcakes (if not, go ahead and do that now...I'll wait) some chocolate egg candies, and you'll also need some chocolate icing (store bought is ok...I suppose ;))

Let's get started shall we?  Get a cupcake (mine has been filled with the chocolate filling, you don't have to do this, but that's why there is a brown spot on the top)

Next, either with a tip or you can just slather it on with a knife, apply some frosting to the top of your cupcake.

Awesome job!  Now then, put some of your beautiful toasted coconut on the top...

...and push a little divot into the middle with your thumb to make the nest center.  You may also want to put a little more icing in that divot to help "glue" your eggs in the nest.
Lastly, put your chocolate eggs in and voila!  Super cute cupcakes!

1 comment:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

AHHH! Cute cute cute cute. I was wondering where you were going with that toasted coconut thing. They turned out so cute.