Hmm, it seems as though all of my blogs lately have only been making something mondays. So, for you people who want to keep up with me, the first part of the blog will be a wee update on my life. For those of you who don't care, the weekly tip follows. I promise I won't know if you just scroll down.
So, what's going on right now? Well Brandon is officially 26 days away from his appointed winging date. Yes that's right, in less than 4 weeks I will be married to a real live Navy pilot. However, he's not out of the woods yet. He still has (I think) around 7 or 8 flights and who knows how much paperwork until he's done. Hopefully he'll finish before the 26th! From there, he has to officially decide between the P-3 and the EP-3 (basically the same plane, different jobs) and we'll be moving to Jacksonville, FL at some point after March. When?...I don't know. We can be there anywhere from 3 months to 9 months for his last stint of training and then from there, depending on the plane he gets, he'll be attached to a squadron and we may move again. If we do, it's clear across the country, to either Washington or Hawaii. We can be stationed to stay in Florida though. So, we'll see. I will soon be working on another painting for my sister, as well as some things for her upcoming nuptuals. So you can be looking forward to, or just looking to see those things featured here soonish. I've started a Beth Moore bible study "Believing God" at the church that we've been going to here. It's an all women's study (which may go without saying since it's Beth Moore, but I don't really know if that's all she does or not. It's the first time I've participated in a study written by her.) We're 3 weeks in of a 10 week study and it seems like it's going to a really good study, especially with what we're facing in our future. I'm hoping to get to finish the study with my group, but if not, there are ways to watch the videos online, but not the social interaction with the ladies. The book is designed with daily studies, which I'm excited about since I've fallen away from being in the Word. I'm not proud to admit that, but it's true. Other that that, not a whole lot going on here. Apollo has eaten the padding that I made for his crate. He was pooping zipper bits for a couple of days, and now has to sleep on the hard plastic. I'm guessing he's regretting the decision now (if dogs can regret) but considering the amount of wreckage, he had fun while it lasted. Stupid dog.
Ok then! This week is another modgepodge of tips. The first of which is a tea recipe which sounds really weird, but is suprisingly very good!
Grapefruit Tea
2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice (squeezed from 2 grapefruits, or from a bottle)
1/2 cup water
2 to 4 tablespoons honey
1 cinnamon stick (or just sprinkle some in there)
1/2 teaspoon whole allspice berries (I used ground allspice)
In a medium pot, combine juice, honey, cinnamon, allspice, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat; strain and discard solids. Serve with a grapefruit segment or strip of zest.
Sounds gross, I know, but it's actually really good. Now, if you don't like grapfruit, you won't like the tea, because it still tastes a bit like grapefruit, but if you do then definitally try it!
Now that you've got something to drink, I've found a new tip website (and by new, I do mean new to me) that I've only just begun (does the Carpenters song pop into anyone elses head just then? No? Just me?) to delve into, but it looks awesome!
http://www.tipnut.com/
It's got tips about green living, repurposing (even making your own feminine products, I kid you not) frugal living, crafts, pets, you name it! Even how to save on baby stuff! So go check it out in your free time!
2 comments:
It's always good to here about your life, that's so exciting that Brandon is so close!
Also, I heart Beth Moore. Her studies always get me excited to read and learn about God's word. I guess that should be true no matter what, but it isn't always. I hope you enjoy your study.
And I'll have to try that recipe. I need to get a vitamin C source everyday and sadly clementines won't always be in season.
Woohooo!! Go Brandon! And thanks a lot for getting "We've only just begun" in my head.
Post a Comment