4.05.2010

In case you were wondering

I designed the wings to the left of the page using my Wacom Bamboo tablet, as kind of an aviators wife/spouse/loved one/whathaveyou emblem.  I'm hoping to one day figure out a way to make it into a piece of jewelery, and have been intrigued by Lonestar Crafty's knack for creating jewelry with precious metal clay, and may consider using that if it's easily moldable.  The emblem is based on the design of the juxtoposition of the Navy wings and the James Avery charm for faith and love.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about doing this, I'd be very appreciative!  Think of it as a Make Something Monday in reverse :)

2 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

This person does it! But I'm guessing it's not cheap: http://www.courtneygrayarts.com/

I guess she carves it out of wax - here's a video of her introducing the wax... but I'm a little lost. Maybe it's something you can learn. :) http://www.ehow.com/video_4429521_wax-jewelry-molds.html

Anonymous said...

or they sell make your own mold stuff in the dreaded hobby lobby. it requires some carving skills but the supplies for that route cost me about 10 bucks. then you can mold the clay in...