5.17.2010

Its monday again!!!

Ok, while monday's generally aren't welcome and my not posting a MSM doesn't mean that Monday doesn't come it is indeed Monday!  I have made something too!   It's a painting for over the bed.  I think I want to add a third panel, but I only had two canvases so that's that for now.  It's just a simple monogram (and yes I do mean simple.  You can get easier if you did times new roman or something.)  My tip for today however is an easy and inexpensive way to finish the edges.  You can paint them if you want, or you can glue ribbon around the edges!  I used brown ribbon for two reasons.  Firstly, I had some.  Secondly, it went with the colors in my bedspread, so there.  You can match the color to give the illusion of the painting just running off the sides, or use a contrasting color to give the appearance of a frame. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Very nice!! I've been wanting to put something above our bed for a while. Maybe I'll try this at some point.