*pictures are on facebook
Pretty much all of the boxes have been unpacked, broken down and are now sitting in the garage awaiting their final trip to the recycling center. (there are 4 unpacked boxes. 2 of them won't be unpacked because it's just stuff we don't use often enough to unpack and 2 of them are books that I can't put away because one of the bookcases was damaged and I can't put a shelf in the darn thing) It went fairly quickly considering it was just me here doing it. Brandon is at SERE training (where he is learning survival skills both in the wilderness and in case he becomes a p.o.w. hopefully this will be the only time he uses this information) and gets to come home to an almost put together house. I still need to buy an area rug, but it won't fit in my car. I am looking forward to a rug. the hard floors are something to get used to! Apollo doesn't like them too much either because he can't get any traction. Also, it's still kind of echoey. The floors are really weird. The entry and kitchen are tile, the living room is a blonde hardwood, the diningroom a oak hardwood, 2 bedrooms have carpet and the other two have different colored wood laminate. I think they hit up the flooring clearance sale.
Area rug shopping is quite an ordeal. Apparently I am far pickier than I previously thought. I can't find what I like in the stores, and I'm nervous about buying online because you don't really know what you're getting. Also, they're expensive. The more I like it, the more expensive it is...or at least thats how I feel. If only I could make a rug...(I know that is "possible" but I don't particularly want to tie 4093587938402 knots to make an 8'x10' rug. I like crafts...but not that much)
3 comments:
You just have good taste!!
I want to see pictures!
have you hit up craigslist yet?
yes, I did look on craigs list and they didn't have much in the way of rugs in the size I'm looking for. I did find one on overstock.com that should get here friday!!
Post a Comment