It's interesting how you never know how you'll handle a situation until it arrives. If you asked me a few months ago, I thought I'd be handling his upcoming deployment by being angry and attempting to distance myself from him as much as possible. I never in a million years would have found myself just not caring;
I don't care that he finished the last of the milk in the morning, because I won't have anyone to share the milk with by the end of the week.
The perpetual mess on the kitchen table doesn't matter, because it won't be there soon and for the first time that makes me sad
I don't care that our bathroom is minuscule, because it brings us together.
When the alarm clock goes off at 4:30 in the morning, I don't mind because it means that I'm still getting to wake up next to him, and when he doesn't come home until 2:00 am due to a late late flight, I am thankful because at least he's home
The mountain of laundry that needs attention, the dishes sitting dirty in the sink and the un-vacuumed floor and dusty furniture don't bother me, if that means that I get to spend time snuggling with him
I guess this post is a long way of arguing to take advantage of the time you have. Don't focus on the small things, or the things that can be put off just a little bit longer. There are more important things to life.
I can't imagine 6 months without my friend. We've had our experience with long distance relationships, but we've always been able to at least talk on the phone every night, if not visit one another every few weeks. I'm going to have to learn to stand on my own two feet, and with the help of God and the people He's blessed my life with, I know that I can.
"Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
2 comments:
I love you Mrs. Amanda Elms! If you need anything at all you give me a call and I'll be happy to talk with you! I know I'm no substitute for a husband, but I just wanted you to know that I'll be here to listen if you need someone to talk to!
Lots of prayers to you, Brandon, Poe, and baby girl!
Ditto to what Evan said :) What a great post - good way to put things into perspective for the rest of us who let the little things get to us. You have much wisdom, and I'm lucky to have you for a sister!
Post a Comment