8.10.2008

Desin-y

Well, another weekend has come and we don't like to sit still, so the Elms set off for an adventure in Destin. The big draw was not the beaches, nor the outlet mall...but McAlisters Deli! WEEE! Now, we wouldn't ordinarily drive an hour just to eat at a beloved restaurant, but it was the weekend, and we were looking for adventure. (our degree of adventure may differ from other people, but its an adventrure none the less) To justify our trip, we did also go to the beach (yes, I know we live near one, but as mentioned earlier the water has been jelly-fishy) and to the outlet mall. For those who have never experienced the tea (sweetened or unsweetened) you have not quite lived. Unless you don't like tea at all....but who doesn't really? Anyhow, I blogged prior to our move about all of the restaurants we were going to miss from home, so getting a little slice from Texas sure hit the spot! I've been feeling rather homesick lately and a drive to Desin is much closer than a drive home.


To step further back in time, we also checked out the local zoo on Thursday, which is always fun. Especially when you can get cheaper tickets for being military! We saw all sorts of animals, with exeption to elephants, rhinos, or hippos. They may be too large to try an move if a desasterous hurricane approaches. I did get to pet a cow though in the petting zoo. They had a pig, but he had a barracade in front of the fence so kids couldn't reach him, which made me wonder why he was in a petting zoo....? I guess the floridian kids don't get to see farm animals as often. Not that I saw farm animals a whole lot (except the stuffed variety in my room even then, those were just pigs) but probably more than kids here. I'll try to post pictures later, my husband got a new camera for his birthday and so they're with him, but I'll share some of his photos.
Thanks to Craig and photoshop, the unconsiously designed falic sand creation has been tamed

4 comments:

Craig said...

I have several College Station restaurants on my list to go to now that we're here. We already did Freebird's, but now there's Jason's Deli, CJ's Barbecue, and Layne's. And McAlister's, too, I suppose.

Amanda said...

Not rudys bbq? Congrats again on getting into the grad program! Thats awesome :D

Craig said...

Thanks. Brandon looks like he's making a sand penis in that first picture.

Amanda said...

aw man! it does! it was the beginning of a pyramid...