8.16.2008

our house has grown by four feet

Ok, so grape is loved, popcorn jelly bellies have some respect, I'd argue against brussel sprouts and lima beans, but I already know someone likes those! I admit defeat in that area, however, I am willing to bet that my next assumption won't be contested. Puppies are adorable. Everyone thinks puppies are cute, even if you don't like dogs, or refuse to own one, they're cute! (I'm not a cat person and I think kittens are cute)

Now, we are the proud parents of our very own puppy! His name is Apollo and he's an 8 week old boxer mix. We went to the humane society to volunteer to play with/take care of dogs...and did...and took one home :) They've got so many unfortunate stories in that place, I feel aweful for those dogs! If only our apartment had a higher weight limit...anyhow, we can go play with the big dogs anytime we want, so they feel loved, even if we can't keep them too. Anyhow, our little boxer had a brother named booger who was also adorable, but his skin had a place on it, we were a little concerned about, so we took "hoss." Hoss is a dumb name though, so we named him Apollo. Yes, after Apollo Creed, first opponent of Rocky Balboa. Hes a golden color though, and Apollo is also the "sun god" so we thought it fit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute! Puppies are the greatest thing in the world! I wish there was a career where you just go and play with puppies all day... I would have that job.

MacKenzie said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!

And you were wise in not ranting about lima beans: God's greatest creation.