12.29.2008

It has seemed that the movies that have come out lately have not been very good, until Christmas comes around, then a flood of interesting flicks have popped up. Brandon loves going to the theater, I'm not such a big fan, but for certain movies I'll make an exception. (especially free ones) It makes me sad that movies come out on Christmas day. Is it so terrible to spend one day with your family? Goodness! That's besides the point though. We saw Marley and Me and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Marley and Me was a surprisingly good movie. I had my doubts, but they did a great job of getting the feel of the book on screen. So, if you're a dog person, it's definitely one you shouldn't miss. Ben Button on the other hand is an interesting story, but about an hour too long. Everyone in the theater seemed as if they were getting restless by the end. They really should have hired an editor. Brad Pitt did an amazing job, but I like his ex-wifes movie so much better! If you're wanting to see Button, just wait to rent it. Your tush will thank me. Which is gross, so tell it to keep it to itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on your review... although I can't say I was restless, towards the end of the movie I did find myself thinking "How long is this movie?"

My assessment: Benjamin Button is a Forrest Gump-like love story and timeline with a twist of Jack. I also think that Cate Blanchett was a good choice because she's oddly ageless. I also found it amusing that the actress that played the White Witch in the Chronicles of Narnia was in the movie - since up until then I got the two of them confused!