Wow, Mondays come really quickly! To be honest, I have no idea what to make this week! Should I share another recipe? Should I raid the Real Simple website again and cop out this week? Should I make you guys tell me what you like to see on MSM? (that one is sounding pretty good right now actually.... ;)) That's not fair though, you should be able to make something this week, and so I will share with you a recipe for candy clay, that way, its not just a dinner recipe nor is it just a craft project, it's both! What's candy clay, you ask!? Its a chocolate clay that you can mold in any way shape or form to decorate cakes/brownies/what have you! It's really easy, and I have no idea how it tastes, but I imagine anything chocolate would be good! This particular recipe is from cakecentral.com
Candy Clay
16 oz candy melts (aka flavored candy wafers, you can find these by wilton in the cake aisle of any craft store. They're round and flat and come in a variety of colors!)
1/3 c. light corn syrup
Line a small pan with wax paper and set aside. Melt candy in microwave (I do it in 15 second increments, take out stir and put back in for another 15 seconds until melted.) Once melted and smooth, stir in corn syrup. It will come together kind of like dough, this is how it's supposed to look. Pour into prepared pan and allow to cool to room temperature. Wrap in plastic or place in a sealable plastic bag and allow to 'rest' overnight.
To use, break off small pieces at a time and knead until softened. You can use icing colors at this point, just knead them into the softened clay. Store in an airtight container, this will keep fresh for up to 3 weeks.
This is really just like clay, so you can make whatever you want, just like edible playdoh. Word of caution though, the heat from your hands causes it to become more difficult to work with over time. If that happens, just let it rest for a little while and come back to it. Cracks and things come out really easily if you gently rub them with your hand! There you have it, edible clay figures for your desserts!
2 comments:
I think your computer may have a virus. I just got an email from "you" saying
"Hello!How are you recently?
I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products...the price is a surprising happiness to you!..."
Somehow I don't think that was really from you. Hopefully it isn't too bad.
hmm thanks for letting me know! I definitally did not send that!
Post a Comment