I love certain smells. I think we all have our favorites...or obsessions...because I know that I've already posted on my favorite smells (orange Pledge mmmm :)) Well, clean laundry is also on that list and as most of you know, (because I haven't shut up about it since we bought them) we finally bought a washer and dryer set with our tax return/ stimulus package. It's the most exciting thing in the world to me, but I'm easily entertained!
No longer do I have to scrounge around for quarters, which Brandon is really happy about because apparently I've been taking his "snack" change. Poor thing, his wife doesn't care about his snacks.
No longer do I have to duck through the drizzle and cold to get laundry done, because if I don't that day, I'm down to wearing a bathing suit in place of bra and underwear, because I have no more clean undergarments. I suppose I could go to walmart and buy new ones like men do, but It takes a little more effort to do that. Unless I need to go out and get quarters...what a vicious cycle. I don't like vicious cycles, I like rinse cycles. Quiet ones. Ones that are in my apartment!
No longer do I have to take the dog out to potty, only to smell everyone else in the building doing their own laundry in their own apartments, contemplating "getting to know my neighbors" just to use their machines. I wouldn't do that....or would I?
No longer do I have to decide what gets washed and what has to wait until I get more quarters, because I don't have enough money to do everything. Everything has equal opportunity to be just as clean as the next garment!
No longer do I have to recruit a begrudging husband to help me haul our bags upon bags of laundry down to the laundry room, because if I did it myself, It'd take 2 or more trips. I just can't bring myself to drive down there, that seems wasteful.
No longer do I have to sniff in all the clean laundry smell at the apartments laundry room, I get my very own, in home smell!
These machines are high efficiency, which is awesome just because they use less water and energy, but they also use less soap! They take "high efficiency detergent" which made me a little sad because we just bought regular detergent and have hardly used it. The guy at Best Buy said we could use it anyway, but he was wrong. In our research we found out that the chemical make up is completely different, and just using less normal soap doesn't do any good. It's still harmful, and it doesn't clean your clothes as well. So we figured that since we spent money on these machines, spending 10 bucks to make sure it functions properly would be worth it. I'm sure we can find someone to take the other detergent off of our hands :)
I know after a while, the new washer glow will fade and I'll hate doing laundry again, but I'll just read this and remember what it was like before, and give my machines a hug.
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you and your laundry!! And Brandon's snacks!!
And I laughed when you wrote that it's too wasteful to drive. I used to drive to the laundry room at our old apartment, even when I wasn't hauling laundry. I'd drive over just to switch clothes from washer to dryer!
yeah, but you went there at night, usually b/c thats when maggie peed on your bed. and that laundry room was Shady!
Post a Comment