Ok, so I know I already made a painting of birch trees with a red background, but to be honest, I never liked it. It looked a little sinister and creepy. I'm not the most social person in the world, but I certainly don't want to be one of those people who scare off friends with their home decor. So, I decided I was tired of all the red and I'd try to branch out (as it were) So, I painted something that looked like this photoshop representation I did to see if the colors would work well together...

Now, I liked this version alright, but it would require a lot of work to make the rest of the living room match. All of the fabrics that I found that went well with these colors were kind of adolecent and I didn't want Brandon to live in a room that looked like it belonged to a teenage girl. Also, there was just something about the color that didn't sit right with me. However, I didn't want to be blocked in with red black and white like I was before. Those colors are graphically very nice together, but a little too harsh for my style. So, this time, I made the trees less threatening, used more browns than black and added a little yellow accent bird to bring in more color. Its not 100% finished, but touch ups are the only changes left to make I think.
1 comment:
Wow, those are gorgeous!
Post a Comment