9.21.2009
I did see attle
"what are you talking about you loon, who's attle, or are you making one of your lame jokes again?" Yep, making a lame joke, it's what I do. We just got back from Seattle (get it now? don't worry about a pity laugh, I can't hear you anyway) and Whidbey Island Washington. Why did we go there? Well, Brandon's mom wanted to take a trip and we'd never been there, but may end up living on Whidbey, so we thought it'd be a good place to go..and cheaper than Hawaii. We spent two days in Seattle, seeing the space needle and the pikes place market, and the very first starbucks (its crowded for only serving coffee and nothing else!) We went to the lamest but expensive scifi museum, and saw the Seattle underground (also not quite as impressive as one would imagine) and after all of that, we headed off to the island. Brandon's mom actually found a house for use to rent that was right on the water, so needless to say we had an amazing view! I saw seal while standing on the front porch, and salmon leaping out of the water (trying to get away from Brandon) We watched the tide roll in and out, and some of the most spectacular sunsets I've ever seen. We took a whale watching tour...which was 2.5 hours of sailing in fridged wind, 30 minutes of whales (which was really cool) and then another 2.5 hours to sail back. Awesome, but not worth the whole day. Just go to Victoria Canada and save the time eh. We visited the Suquamish indian reservation...of which there's pretty much nothing left, so I don't know what they're boasting about their lame museum and "old man house" for. For one, there is no house, It was burned down like in the 18oos, and two, the museum was mostly pictures and the same quote used numerous times. We went hiking in Olypmic park, and by hiking I mean we drove through it. Then we actually went hiking off of Deception pass, which was beautiful! I would say overall that I probably wouldn't mind living there, after I overhaul my wardrobe to warmer stuff, but stuff to do is quite limited to small shops and hiking. They did at least have Albertsons, so it's not all small stuff. I think Hawaii would be much of the same, beautiful scenery, not much to do other than explore, but better weather. We haven't made a decision yet, and we still have plenty of time to do so. Until then, I'm going to go pick up my doggie from boarding! I missed him so much :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
can I just tell you that other than Texas, Washington is my favorite state!!! I love EVERYTHING up there. It's so gorgeous. If ya'll do move up there you really have to check out the eastern side of the state. We lived in a tiny town called Vantage right on the columbia river. It was so beautiful. And if you ever get the chance for another vacation while you're there you have to head up to Kettle Falls and stay at bull hill ranch. www.bullhill.com
*sigh* I so wish I could go back for a visit.
I loved living in Washington. The rest of my family thought it was too drizzly and cloudy, for me, it was perfect. But hiking and looking at pretty views are two of my favorite activites, so it works for me.
Post a Comment