9.28.2009

the one were amanda posts a ton of pictures

Ok, so I don't actually have a 'ton' of pictures, because they actually don't weigh anything, but I've got quite a few that I'm too lazy to count. So, as I said before, I went to Seattle and Whidbey (or Wigby to Brandon) Island. Now, I'm not great at taking pictures because I'm too easily distracted by shiney things and forget to take them, but I did manage to take a few, and thought I'd share. Why? Because it's my blog and I can...ha...

Ok, here we are in Seattle. In case you weren't sure.

We also went to the world famous (and by world famous I mean probably nationally famous) Pikes Place market, you know where they toss fish and have other stuff. descriptive yes? They also have vendors that sell the most beautiful flowers for next to nothing!

Ok, So we've left Seattle (bye!) and have hopped on the ferry and made our way to Whidbey Island! We stayed in this amazing house that was right on the water. The picture below is a view from the sliding glass door. Nice!

Brandon and him mom did quite a bit of fishing every morning and were pretty successful! We had fresh salmon Monday night and it was actually really good. Not fishy at all! Brandon was the first to catch something, but his mom did pretty well herself!
We also had a fire pit outside, and Brandon (being the pyromaniac that he is) had to light stuff on fire. Here, he has a stick and he's blowing on it so it'll glow.
One of the days we were there, we went whale watching. That is the Olympic mountain range from the boat we were on.
We did eventually come across some Orcas! It only took like 2.5 hours to get to Canadian waters to find them, but we did.
There were actually quite a few people out watching the whales. Including a group of scientist collecting poo samples. Not even joking! Now that sounds like a crappy job :) eh? eh? no? ok I'll save my poo jokes for the 4 year olds who share my crass humor. This boat was not the poo boat, it was just a sail boat, but I liked seeing the structure of the boat when the sails were down.

And that's our trip in a nutshell. I didn't bring my camera hiking, because I was afraid I'd fall and break it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, remember back in the day (like 6th grade) we always made poo jokes. poo jokes are the best of jokes, no matter how old you are, haha!

gorgeous pics!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

GREAT pictures!! Man, I love Seattle. And I totally loved the poo joke. I guess I'm 4.

Amanda said...

yay! I'm not alone on the poo jokes :)

Anonymous said...

what have you been up to!?! I have to live vicariously you know. :)