When I discover something new, usually two things happen. One, I get really excited and want to tell everyone about it. Usually that's when number two happens. Everyone already knew about it, and I find I am way behind. It doesn't stop me though. Oh no! I've come across a couple of things new to me that I have fallen in love with. Don't tell Brandon.
I am not a cookbook person. I just don't like to use them. They take up my valuable counter space, and the big ones don't fit in my book holder upper. Also, I tend to get quite messy, and thus transfer my mess onto the pages. Then that mess sticks the pages together and that starts a whole new problem when I try to find the recipe again, as you can imagine. So I tend to find recipes online and print them out, put them in a plastic page sleeve and put them in a binder. That way they wipe off. Anyhow, that's not my new thing, I came across a new blog. Well, it's actually not new its just new to me. Smitten kitchen :) the name is so cute you just want to pinch its cheeks, and it almost rhymes! However, the content is even better! Tasty recipes for all occasions! Indian, Italian, cakes, cookies and even an entire section of recipes made with beans and legumes (for those of you who are wanting to cut back on pricey meats) Not only does this website have amazing sounding dishes, her photography is pretty cool too. (She's even hung out with the Pioneer Woman...yeah!) So you should check it out, if you want.
Another issue I have (I have many) is gift giving. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a miser, I love to give gifts, but I have to find the perfect gift. You can ask anyone who's shopped with me while I'm shopping for someone else. I'm annoying. I get a little (ok a lot) grouchy when I just can't find the perfect thing. I realize that takes away from the whole gift giving thing, but I don't want to settle for something that they won't like. Anyhow, I'm going off on another tangent. While looking at the Target website (no I didn't just discover Target) I saw a section called "red hot shop." This section highlights cool little gifts and things that you can't just find anywhere. It was there that I saw a "Singing in the Rain" shower curtain! However, they were out of stock, so to Google I went to find if there was any other vendor selling them. That's when I came across heliotrope. It has something for anyone. Where else can you find a bomb shaped vase huh? They carry from the quirky (like cat butt magnets...weirdly enough those were all over Seattle actually) to the super cool (like the shower curtain, they also have Jaws, Yellow Submarine, 20,000 leagues, and Psycho :D) Check it out, really!
Brandon just got me the crafters Bible according to Martha Stewart. Yep, it's her encyclopedia of crafts and it's AMAZING! Any crafter would flip a lid over this book! I haven't even looked through the whole thing yet and I'm already scheming :)
No comments:
Post a Comment