2.21.2008
Hi, my name is Amanda, and I'm a grocophobic
So, as I've blogged before, I seem to have issues in the supermarket. Call me dumb, I don't know what it is about the supermarket, but I freak out. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a list! All these people bustling about, like they know what they're making for dinner every night, and they know just where to find everything. Jerks! What are they trying to prove? I just get very paranoid. What if I get the wrong thing, or forget expensive meat behind at the check out again!? What if I forget something on my list that I need! I'm sure the world would just stop on its axis and we'd all go flying off into oblivion! Ok, I don't really think that. The more crowded the supermarket, the worse I feel. Its like claustrophobia, but only in grocery stores, grocaphobia, as I like to call it. Forget HEB, It's never mellow enough for me. I usually stick to Kroger because no one shops there. But then I wonder "why don't people shop here" and then I get nervous about that. Last week (picking out meat again, I swear I should just back away from meat) I was at the meat counter and was looking at what they had, when the lady innocently asked if I needed help. So I asked for a few seconds to look, and she just stood there and stared at me. Like, not casual, watching to make sure I was finding stuff ok, but full on "gazer beam" staring at me! She creeped me out...so I left the meat counter, meatless. In other situations, I promise I'm fairly normal, but I've discovered this odd pattern when I grocery shop. Perhaps it's God's way of saying, "Amanda, you should be a farmer." Or perhaps I should just chill out. Or make that my husbands job....but then all we'd eat is ramen and hot dogs, but we'd have meat. We would have meat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm like that too. And yesterday, Craig and I became members of Sam's club - that place was so overwhelming. I knew I needed chicken broth but did I need 12 cans? I didn't know what to do. I felt like I had shell shock after leaving.
hehehe you make me laugh. I should send you some meat.
I think grocery stores (like driving) brings out the worst in humanity. It stresses me out, too.
As far as the meat goes, at least you learned from me, and haven't come home with spoiled milk =/
Post a Comment