2.11.2008

supermarket woes

So, my husband and I realized that we were nearly out of food and that it would be a good time to head to the supermarket. List in hand and ready to go, we shopped and bargain hunted (as good newlyweds do) searching for deals. We found some tastey looking beef which seemed like a great choice for something special for dinner, and it's marked down for the select Kroger shoppers that hold the coveted (ok, not really) Kroger valued customer card. So we placed our find in the cart and make our way to the check out. (this is riviting reading I know!) We like the self check out, because we're anti-social, so we check out, and take the food home. It was not until Monday morning, did we discover that one of our prize grocery finds, the beef,....didn't make it home! There went dinner....there went money down the drain! Sad day! I could just picture our sad little package of raw meat, alone and cold in a bag on a carosel. Unfortunatly, the only other option we had for dinner was some chicken in the freezer, which didn't have time to thaw, or ramen. (ironically, the ramen is beef flavored) So we copped out and went to taco bell. The life of the newlywed, is amazingly riviting and glamorous!

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Craig would have been so depressed if that happened to us. I forgot my doggy bag of food when he took me out for my birthday and that was torture enough to him.

Amanda said...

I was pretty upset, thats almost $10 down the drain. I just hoped that the people behind us got it, and needed it more than we did.