Well blog world folks, Thanksgiving has come and gone once again. I realized the other day, that I have not celebrated the holiday in the same location in the past 5 years. In '04 I was in San Antonio, '05 Brenham, '06 Amarillo, '07 Los Angeles, '08 Pensacola. This year, however, we ate out at a nice restaurant down town. The food was absolutely wonderful, but I hated knowing that the people there were missing out on family time because of people like us. On the flip side, I hope they earned time and a half, plus great tips to make up for it just a little. I would have been willing to cook, but Brandon's family wanted to eat out, I think to make things easier on me. Now, I don't have to worry about eating Turkey until I explode.
Black Friday, I always avoid shopping if at all possible. Crowds frighten me. So, we went to the Naval Air Museum. Since moving here, it was our 5th time and yet we still experience new things! If you get the chance, go, its free and well worth the time! (Product placement aside, lets get down to the 'lovely' story to follow. If you've got a weak stomach, you may want to proceed with caution.) Poor Apollo couldn't go, and was stuck in his crate all day long, as well as half of Saturday. He was understandably not happy about this, and I'm not sure if it was because of the stress of these couple of days, or if he ate something, but he was a sick puppy come Saturday. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say he had (and still has) the runs. He couldn't hold it in the box, then tried to hide it, by eating it, because I think he thought he'd get into trouble. He did that Saturday and Sunday evenings while we were asleep. Gross thing to wake up to. Then last night, he just went insane in his box! Whining and biting at the door and trying so hard to get out, because he had to go. We don't want to let him out when he "yells" so he doesn't think that's appropriate. Just a couple of whines and we'll come if he needs out, but he just kept going and going. Brandon has 4 tests in the next 2 days and needed sleep, so I got up at 3:30 in the morning to let him out and sit with him, so he wouldn't cry anymore. Oh my goodness, the smell that met my nose when I opened the bedroom door, I just don't want to relive that! I cleaned him off and the crate and took him outside, he did his business, and then we went back inside. As soon as he came in, he hurled all the um...sick...he'd been hiding by eating, all over the carpet. So 4:00 I'm cleaning up puppy puke that smells just awful, while fighting off the dog from eating the used paper towels. (At least his temperment is the same) Not a great morning for me...ugh. Poor little guy. If after today, he's still having um problems, I'm going to take him to the vet. I'm hoping whatever is giving him problems is out now.
3 comments:
hehehe sounds like good practice for kids. Except kids will be about a million times worse.
Every time I dog-sit, the darn dog always seems to have the same problem Apollo has been having. And it's inevitably the time that I leave the dog inside because it's cold or something.
Hope your sick puppy feels better soon!!
I will give you the best puppy poo solidifying advice I can give you. Let him eat canned pumpkin. NO SPICE. Just straight pumpkin from a can and in a few hours you should see things starting to... er harden up. After 3 puppies in the last 3 years - pumpkin was a God send. Also, no puppy food. Keep it bland - boiled chicken and white rice if you can. His tummy should feel much better shortly! :)
I probably need to mention just a few tablespoons of the stuff every hour or so... not the whole can lol.
Post a Comment