3.23.2008

hmm

Ok, I couldn't think of a good title for this particular entry, but "hmm" always fits. I finally got my hair cut this weekend! After growing it out for months so I could put it up all pretty for one day (a very important day, I'm not complaining) I finally chopped it off! It was getting a bit ridiculous. A lot of girls can carry off long hair, but I don't think I can. Once it hits this certain point, it just looks raggety and sad. I was beginning to look like a 16 year old mall rat. So I got it cut Saturday morning. A fellow blogger discussed earlier about the euphoria of getting your hair cut and styled, and it looks amazing for a day, and then you take a shower and have the resposibilty of getting it to behaive, which it never does. I actually didn't have that experience. Mostly because she didn't even wash my hair before cutting it. It was probably really gross to cut, because I didn't wash it that morning, so she got the nasty oily morning hair. She did a good job, didn't cut it too much shorter than I asked for, but she didn't do anything to it afterwards. Not a blow dry, not even a comb through! Granted I didn't go to an expensive salon, but I thought I remembered them doing something afterwards. Oh well, it still came out well, and it made me feel better that, I actually got it to look better than it did when I left the place!

Also, big news! We had great success at the super market, im sure you're all glad to know! I picked a cantaloupe that has almost reached its perfection (ok maybe not, but its a darn good melon!) Its a big step! Well, then I got pushed around by this rude little 3 year old girl....she waived at husband, and so I smiled and waived to her and she ran up to me and shoved me! Right in the calf! No longer was she cute in my eyes! Twerp tried to ruin my cantalope glow!

And, for the first time, I decided that I buy too many granola bars, and should try to make my own granola to save some cash. So I did, and its really actually pretty good! Its just oats, raisins, hazelnuts, honey and a little veggi oil cooked for 10 minutes and voila, you've got granola! If I had known it was that easy, I would have done it a long time ago! The same fellow blogger as mentioned before has mentioned her and her mom making granola before, and I just thought that was the most amazing thing to me, I just thought It'd be like making bread, really time consuming and ridiculously difficult to make (ok so im hyperbolizing a little, again, I've never tried it). Granted, I did make the easiest recipie available, but it wasn't so bad!

No comments: