3.02.2008
there's ants in my pant..ry
Sunday morning, started like any other morning. I got up, took a shower, got ready for church, and headed into the kitchen to make breakfast. This mornings breakfast was supposed to be especially tasty, since just the day before, I bought some bananas to slice over my cereal. This was not just any cereal though, it was the new frosted flakes gold cereal (the kind with honey instead of frosting) that the supermarket had on sale, so I got to try it. Its no Kashi, but it was alot cheaper. I'd be furious if the story that is soon to unfold happened in Kashi cereal! Anyhow, I digress. So I grab a bowl, and pour in the cereal, and the milk, but noticed a little bug crawling around the inside rim of the bowl. I tried to shoo it out, but I guess I ended up killing it and knocking it into the bowl. Gross. I had turned to get a spoon, but my husband noticed the death fall and fished out the corpse. Ok, so now I can enjoy my breakfast! wrong. I turn around and notice my husband still has his finger in my cereal bowl. Gross again. That's when he looked at me, and said what every hungry woman doesn't want to hear "Honey, I think the bugs are in the cereal!" NO! He just had knock off brand cinnamon toast crunch the week before, and those pesky jerks didn't touch it, it had a lot more sugar! I guess maybe they were too snobby for knock off brand. They worked up a flight of stairs just to form a colony in my new cereal! I just picture this ant in an Indiana Jones hat exclaiming to his fellow jerk ants "there's gold in them their boxes!" You know..if an ant could read...or wear a hat. All I could think was, if they've inhabited that box, what else are they living in? Luckily my husband seems to think they didn't infiltrate anything else. Why? I don't know, nor care, as long as they stay away from now on! Which those ants will, because they're all dead and in the trash can, along with my cereal. I seem to have food issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment