3.18.2008

stuff I learned this weekend

The weekend is a great time for rest and relaxation, or catching up on things. (just in case you've never had one, thats what they're good for, and you're welcome) So this past weekend, husband and I finally got rid of this big honkin' desk and donated it to Goodwill. Lesson one; when Goodwill means "drop off behind building" they actually mean its on the side of the building, but like to tease you so you carry your stuff around the building, looking a tad bit ridiculous. Afterwards we had a picnic lunch at one of the parks in college station, and played a new card game we just purchased at Target called Rook. Lesson two; just because it says 2-4 players, doesn't mean the game for 2 players makes any sense. Lesson three; bees like yogurt. Then, we went home and watched a movie and hung out a bit. I made chocolate chip cookies with "help" from husband. Lesson four; husband overanalyses measuring stuff, and slows down the process, but he's cute (not a lesson, I already knew that). Lesson five; dove dark chocolate cut into chunks is the only way to make chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate bunnies don't have to be eaten as is, they can be mercilessly hacked into said chunks as a sacrifice to make cookies. Then on Sunday we went to church, and then to get the oil changed in the truck. Lesson six; walmart doesn't have the equipment to change the oil in a truck, because they stink. Also, we noticed that our inspection sticker was a month over due, leading to lesson seven; inspectors don't work on Sundays. poop on a stick! So we went to Freebirds for lunch :) and then hung around the house for a little while, when we decided to go for a walk. Lesson eight; there is yet another park in our tiny town that I didn't know about, thats less than a mile away from home! woo!

2 comments:

Craig said...

MacKenzie does #4, too. I say that such precision is unnecessary.

MacKenzie said...

Hey, one can never be too careful, what if that extra heap of baking soda on the top of the spoon completely ruins the whole batch of cookies. I can't take that chance.

I do think I need to learn #5(a) though, dove chunks in cookies sounds great but the idea of killing bunnies for cookies seems cruel. What would PETA say about that?