It seems I only have things to blog about after weekends. Which is sad, since I don't really have much to blog about now. I thought however I'd keep up with traditions, being that I'm an Aggie. Speaking of being a traditionalist Aggie (it actually ties in, I promise!) I am having a heck of a time finding photos of one of the biggest Aggie traditions. Im not so sure how to rate the importance of traditions, but this is a big one. Senior corps members (for those who don't know) get to wear these custom riding boots from a store thats been making these boots for over 100 years as part of their uniform. So, you'd think this momentous occation would be overly documented, however I've found (because my boss is looking for photos of this boot store pre 1970s) that it's not, or if it is, they hide the photos. The store has since relocated from its original location because rent was getting to be too much. So this tacky hookah bar has moved in, and wants to redesign the facade. Of course this area is "historical" so they have to abide by the code. The city is saying that the existing building is "historical" however we don't think 1970s brick is quite historic....or attractive. Without these pictures though, we can't prove that that's not the original building. We've looked everywhere, multiple libraries, the corps center, the boot store, the city, the Aggie network, nothing! They photograph every cadet when he/she gets their boots, since 1907, where have these mystery photos gone!?
We've also found that pawn shops are a great place to look, if you're taking up golf, but not for tennis. A used sports equipment store...also not a great place to look for tennis stuff for cheap, Target, however, is very good! Another thing I've learned, half price books is an amazing and wonderful place! And lastly, you can't make daquries on Sunday if you don't have booze in your house. You can buy beer and wine, and wine coolers, but not rum. Interesting....
No comments:
Post a Comment