5.08.2008

hope its not a crash and burn!

Well, we've finally made it! Husband is graduating tomorrow, as well as getting commissioned as an officer into the Navy! So, since all of his family is coming, and my immediate fam is coming, I thought I'd try to do something special. I'm a wife now, I think its expected. Well, I've always admired cakes, and how they're decorated and decided that I would take a stab at it. I've baked a cake before, but never really decorated one beyond basic icing and sprinkles. So, since husband is going to flight school, I made an F-18 cake. Its a blue angel, not because that's necessarily what he wants to do, but because I thought a grey cake might gross people out. Well, after finding out that whipped frosting wasn't the best way to go, and 2 bottles of blue food coloring later, here it is. The pattern I made cut out significant chunks of cake, so I made them into clouds...or flack...its kind of hokey, but more people can have cake this way. And by more, I mean more than me, because if it wern't for me, there'd be a few more clouds.... :) I had to test it to make sure it tasted ok...


2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

I already commented this comment but it didn't appear. I though it might just be taking a while but I'll try again just in case, but if it shows up twice, it's not my fault:

I am super jealous of your awesome cake skills. And I think you made a wise decision going with the blue not the gray.

Craig said...

Nice cake. You should have added a guy with a parachute. For good luck, you know.