5.16.2008

I like to copy MacKenzie, she's my hero

I graduated a year later, got engaged a year later, and got married a year after my dear friend MacKenzie, and now I am copying her again. She's my hero, what can I say :) Her wonderful blog has what she calls "what works for me wednesdays" or "wwfmw" (which took me a while to figure out) Well, in keeping some respect, I am doing a "what works for me friday" As I've blogged before, I am a frustrated cooker. Finding new and exciting recipies has become almost an obsession. Mostly because I've only been married 4 months and I don't want him to get bored yet. Well, there are many websites out there with vast recipie collections to offer, however I have found particular favor with the betty crocker website. Not only does it offer great ways to cook with "betty crocker" brand items (i.e. bisquick) but also, offers ideas for general cooking. It has tips and charts for baking and cooking, but most exciting of all, it includes nutritional value for all of its meals! It makes planning so much easier! The website is actually where I got the idea for the F18 cake. They had a rocket ship though. And if thats not enough...they even offer coupons! Now, try to tell me thats not an amazing website! My little cyber recipie box is full of possibilities :) And that's what works for me!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

ah, I'm blushing :-)

But I agree with that website recommend, and recipe websites in general. How did people cook things before the internet was around to tell them how? Two other good sites, especially for "company" food are

http://www.elise.com/recipes/

and

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/