7.29.2008
Every rose has a thorn
So...Monday was our last class for cake decor 1, in which we make the infamous rose. You may notice that there is no picture of a cake, with these roses. (you may not have..but now you know) I sucked at making roses. The icing was far too thin, which later I found out that I didn't put in enough sugar. You'd think that half of a 32 oz bag would be 16 oz or 2 cups. However, you'd be wrong, like me. You apparently need 4 cups. Perhaps because of the fluff factor of the sugar, I don't know. So, yeah, i have wilted crappy flowers. At least I know now what I did wrong. I have signed up for cake 2, where we'll learn more flowers. So check in for more photos later if you want. But my final cake is too embarrassing to post, which sadly has to double as my birthday cake. How fitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! And congratulations on graduating your first cake class! =)
I want to see it anyway!!
Post a Comment