3.06.2009

Good News Good News

Well, ok its just one bit of news, but it's good and there's no bad really. I got an unpaid (maybe that's the badish news) internship with a local cake company! I emailed one of the two ladies who own the shop just to ask how she got where she is. She's new to professional decorating, so I figured she'd be good to ask since she's where I'd like to be. She answered my question and then offered me the opportunity. I may even be hired, and paid as a real person if the other lady decides to take another job. Being their intern doesn't even mean that I get the crummy jobs. Yes, I do dishes and such but so do the other ladies. It's like I'm a person and an intern...who knew! Today, I got to (yes, got to) fill cupcakes with various fillings, put icing strawberry leaves on the candy strawberries, and covered a wedding cake in fondant! I'm sore and covered in powdered sugar (and subsequently covered by dog) but content :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! That's awesome news =) While getting paid would be nice, it's great that you'll have stuff to add to a "portfolio," and some experience you can bring with you whenever Brandon get stationed elsewhere. I'm so glad that you're getting to do something that you're good at AND you enjoy =D

Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing! Congratulations!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

WOW! That sounds AWESOME! Congratulations!

MacKenzie said...

Cool Beans