Ok Floridians, I know you don't know how to vote, but come on why can't you drive either!? I never quite understood the "friendly state" deal about Texas, because I had never really driven anywhere else, and figured it was just another part of our Texas sized, Texas enamored egos. It's not. Now, I don't mean to say that Floridians are mean because I don't think that at all, until they get behind the wheel. So here are a few guidelines that may have been left out of the driving manual.
Firstly, that big wire located above intersections holds these color changing contraptions. They are called stop lights. That red light (the top most or left most one) means stop, don't drive right now. Don't worry, the light turns yellow to warn you that the red light is coming. Once the light turns green, then you may proceed.
Secondly, theres a switch on the left side of your steering wheel, its called a turn signal. I know your hands aren't too busy, because you just flipped off that sweet granny. This is for letting people know that you're turning. Just flip it in the direction you're turning a few yards before you make the turn. Not a few inches, that doesn't help.
Thirdly, there is a special lane called a turn lane that is specifically for turning. You don't have to clog up the left lane by stopping to turn, you have your own special place from which you can turn. Simply get into that lane, and slow to a stop to yeild to oncoming traffic and proceed as normal. .
Fourthly, just because the light has just turned green a millisecond ago, doesn't give you the right to honk if I haven't reached 40mph yet.
Fifthly, if someone uses their turn signal (remember the second rule) to move over a lane, let them over, you're not going to win a prize for being a jerk and not letting someone over. This goes both ways though. I don't know you want over, if you don't let me know by using your turn signal. (and don't turn it on once you're already halfway into the lane and 2 inches from my bumper...) Cutting me off and giving me the bird isn't appropriate, I'm not a mind reader.
Thanks and gig 'em
No comments:
Post a Comment