3.23.2009

It's Monday

I know it's the season of lent and some people don't eat meat during this time, so if you're one of these such people, just save this one until later. This week I'm sharing a steak seasoning and a tip for the leftover seasoning (oooh a two-fer!). "Well that's nice, I've got steak seasoning in a bottle." You may be saying to yourself. Before you click to your next blog, give this one a chance. While in Los Angeles visiting my father in law a little over a year ago, we went to a restaurant where they had this amazing beef that tasted as if they has put cinnamon on it. Yes, cinnamon. Rachael Ray also uses it to bring out the flavor of the beef, so if she uses it, it must be ok right? Maybe not, but let's just go with it here, and you probably don't have this kind in a bottle. This week at Publix (the greatest grocery store here) they had all sorts of specials on beef. I found a cut called Mock Tenderloin Steak or something like that. I don't recommend it, but for less than 4 bucks, what could I expect? Anyhow, I thought I'd try out this recipe that sounded delightful. (I don't know why "delightful," it's still early) Well, the recipe makes for quite a bit of seasoning that you sprinkle over the beef. So, why waste the seasoning if it's good right? So what did I do? (you're on the edge of your seat, I know) I washed out an old empty pill bottle and put the remaining mix in there and labeled it. Now, it fits nicely with my other bottles and I don't waste the extra. (Please keep in mind that if you do roll raw meat around in it, it's not a good idea to save the extra, due to germs and salmonella and such.) If you've got an empty seasoning bottle, all the better, because then you've got the cool little shaker top doohicky. However, I don't have the luxury yet.

No comments: