10.26.2008

Eliza would be proud

I have become a proper flower girl. I have finally made a rose that looks like, well, a rose! Goodbye buttercream rose, hello fondant rose! I also learned how to make pointsettas, petunias, lilys, and morning glories. The morning glories...uh...aren't so glorious. They didn't quite make the car trip home from class. :( sad day! I forgot to take pictures of the pointsettas, but i'll post one later, maybe as a part of a Christmas dessert! I've been having trouble making red icing, and all I could get was pink, so they're pink pointsettas...not so cool, but I've learned a trick to get red, so I'll need to try again! The cake we're making on Tuesday as our final cake for course III is a tiered cake consisting of some flowers of our choice. I've chosen to do all white flowers (lilies, petunias) and I'll make some light blue fondant to go over the cake. I'm excited to see how it'll turn out...and see how I'll get it home after class!


A fellow class-mate and I went to our instructors house this weekend for extra tutoring, because we were having floral difficulties with the rose. Well, we maybe spent 30 minutes on the rose and 2.5 hours playing with other stuff! She has so many fun toys for cake, I'm not even kidding! She has these molds made out of silcone that make the most detailed things, and I got to try a couple! Woo! That is fondant my friends! you can paint these with food safe paints, which look pretty dang awesome! I don't have any of these paints, so they're still naked, but you get the picture! Pretty cool huh?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow those are amazing! I love your flowers too!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - that baby is a bit creepy!

The flowers are incredible, though!