look - great at this, we do this to get his attention
sit-pretty good at that
lay down-getting better, still needs some help
loose leash walking - good if there are no people, animals, bugs, cars, or tumbling leaves around
drop it - hes ok at this with toys, not stuff he's not supposed to have unfortunately
come - just learned yesterday, doing fairly well
stay - as long as I don't move away yet, he stays very well (also learned yesterday)
leave it - surprisingly very good on the leash....not so good off leash yet
PetSmart believes in positive reinforcement, so no choke collars, yelling, beating, nor selling into slave labor. We've got him a harness, because he pulled so much he was really hurting himself with a regular collar. He's really cute in a harness, I'll include pictures of that soon. The girl teaching is very good with animals, and does a great job of teaching us how to teach! We still need to work on not biting, jumping, and polishing up his potty training.
No, I'm not planning to paint Apollo's portrait. Firstly, because we've got about 1230948329874 pictures of him (approximately), and secondly, I have already done this...


It's a Christmas ornament for our future tree. Probably not this year (since we have a puppy, and a male one at that, we don't need to encourage anything) But one day, we'll have a Christmas tree thats more than 2' tall. Apollo is sporting a twig with leaves in his mouth, because he likes to pick those up all the time! (behind clay Apollo is Brandon's creation. He made an Ent from Lord of the Rings. He's a dork like that...and that's one of the reasons I love him so!)
1 comment:
Sounds like Apollo is doing very well. And I love Great Danes and would totally want one but it seems a bit cruel to put one inside an apartment the size of a sugar cube.
Post a Comment