10.28.2008

a little breakfast at Tiffanys

Well, course III is over, and I've got my cake to prove it. You guessed it, it's 'picture of cake wednesday!' This week, we showcased our royal icing flowers we made in week three. I really liked the lilies and the petunias, so I made about 24 all white flowers to go on a blue fondant cake. When I was making the blue, it ended up making a Tiffany's blue, hence the post title. The original plan for the cake was for the top layer to just sit on the bottom, however, no one else in the class wanted to use the pillars, and the instructor wanted to show how it was done, so I stepped up and volunteered my cake. That meant re-thinking the floral design, but that's ok. So, I put a rope boarder along the bottom (hiding imperfections! :)) and then started laying out the flowers. I'm still not a huge fan of the pillars, I really liked the other two women's cakes more, but I think mine came out pretty well! The one woman used mainly pointsettas, and her cake was absolutely beautiful! I wish I could have taken pictures of it! But here's my final cake for the course! Next week, I'll begin fondant and gumpaste course! So, have no fear, the cake wednesdays will still be around...except the class will be monday night, so it'll be cake Tuesdays. If that won't work for your viewing needs, let me know and I could wait a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word: Wow!

I think you have developed another career for yourself.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! This is amazing!!!!