10.20.2008
smiling's my favorite!
I couldn't wait any longer. I put it off as long as I possibly could, but I just couldn't wait anymore! I watched Elf. Yes folks, in the middle of October, I voluntarily watched and enjoyed a Christmas movie. Now, I'll admit that in years past I would get down right grouchy at the sight of trees and lights proudly displayed at this 'inappropriate' time of year. I'd angrily declare 'what about Halloween and Thanksgiving!? They haven't even come yet!" Not this year though. I've been ready for Christmas since, well, probably May. I kind of missed last Christmas, with graduating and the whole 'getting married' thing. I missed it. It came, I went to Christmas eve service, and I think I made some cookies. See, I don't even honestly remember whether or not cookies were made! Probably not, since I wanted to fit into my wedding dress. This year though, I am so ready! It's pretty much a miracle I haven't begun decorating yet. Come the day after Thanksgiving though, watch out! My former roommate is an avid and very talented scrapbooker. scrapbookist? scrapbookarian? I don't know, she's good at it though! She had recently posted on her craft blog http://mandycrafts.blogspot.com/ that she was going to begin making Christmas cards! So, her enthusiasm has inspired me to do the same! This year, I am going to send out home-made Christmas cards! The first official 'Elms family Christmas!' I've already begun, and it's so much fun! Let me warn you though, if you haven't been in the scrapbooking section of a store...beware! If you've got problems picking out shampoo because there are too many options, like myself, just be forewarned! It's a bit daunting! I lucked out that Joann was having a 40% off sale on scrapbook stuff (I tell ya, it was a sign!) I found a book of 180 sheets of fun fun Christmas paper, blank cards, glue, and a snowflake cutter-outer thingy, and I'm ready to go to town! Taking into consideration that the pack of paper will last my grandchildren until they die, making cards will be so much cheaper and more personal than buying a pack. Granted, they won't really be funny...but I'm ok with that. I'll post pictures of how they turn out. I just wanted to build up some excitement. I'm a tease, what can I say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I must be the only person on the planet to feel this way but I will admit it anyway - I don't get elf. Everyone finds it so funny and I tried to watch it once and fell asleep (in the afternoon!).
Also, I have been pondering what to do about Christmas letters. Last year we made a whole little newspaper and it was cute but this year has been less eventful and I can't think up two pages worth of interesting material to write about. Maybe I can convince Craig to do cute cards instead.
I love smiling, Smiling's my favorite!! Haha, classic movie.
I won't lie, I've been very bah-humbug about Christmas this year. Mainly, I think, because November is going to be so full for me with the craft show and doing Turkey day at my house... I just wish October would slow down a bit!
oh and I'm a goober, i just realized the title of your post! HAHAHA!
MacKenzie - Maybe you could do one page, or cute cards!
Evan - goodness, how many people will be at your house for Thanksgiving!? Good luck with that, and the craft show! :)
oh, and it's ok you don't like elf, I don't like Top Gun. I don't know many people who don't...I don't know anyone who doesn't. (and I disliked it before I even met Brandon)
9 so far and that's if Trey's parent's are in Canada by Thanksgiving. Otherwise 11.
Post a Comment